|Copyright 2006 Oshawa Dodgers
Brett will be one of the Dodgers outfielders in
the 2006 season. He comes to the team after
representing Ontario at the Canadian
Championships in 2005 with the Oshawa Junior
1. What was the first sport that you played?
2. At what age did you start playing baseball and at what level?
Four I think, and it was T-Ball
3. What number do you wear and is there any significance to it?
I wore 23 in Junior but that is also my old man's number as well. So I would
like to wear 32 this summer because I wore it at school this fall.
4. Day games or Night games and why?
I'm a fan of the day games. I like the heat so it will be warmer then at night
5. What is your favourite meal to prepare?
I love to eat pasta with a meat sauce and lots of Franks Hot Sauce in it.
Also I like steak and baked potatoes.
6. What is your favourite restaurant to eat at?
Montana's or The Keg
7. How do you want to be remembered when you leave the
I would like to be remembered as a player who will give it his all for the full
nine innings every game. Also I would like to be a good team player where
others can count on.
8. If you could have dinner with three people, living or deceased,
who would they be?
Tim McGraw, Roger Clemens, and Tara Reid
9. What is your dream job outside of playing baseball?
10. What are on the walls of your room?
My Junior jersey, a Canadian Flag, a few posters of beers and girls making
out haha, and a full wall size poster of MGD. The greatest beer in the
11. Do you have any phobias?
I HATE snakes!!! Even the little ones freak me out
12. What is your favourite television show?
Seinfeld, CSI, and 24
13. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items
would you have with you?
MGD, Tara Reid, SportsCentre
14. If you could trade places with one person, who would it be
No question it would be Tim McGraw. The man has it all. He could
have any woman he wants, he makes millions doing something he
loves and at the end of the day he goes home to a hot wife who
also makes millions, Faith Hill. Yeah I think I would trade places with
15. How have you given back to minor baseball?
Last summer I helped Troy with the Oshawa Dodgers baseball camp. Just
showing kids the fundamentals of the game and trying to make sure that
they have fun playing the game. Baseball is a frustrating game for a lot of
people and kids can get discouraged very easily so by encouraging the
kids that they are doing well that makes it fun for them and hopefully they
continue to play baseball later down the road.
16. Why should fans come out and watch the Oshawa Dodgers?
With changes going on and off the field this past winter fans are starting to
see that Troy wants to go to the next step and put the best baseball
possible on the field. With a new philosophy in place of no nonsense, just
play the game hard. I think fans and players will have a lot of fun watching
this young team because we will play hard for the full nine innings every
17. Who have been the most influential people in your baseball
My Old man is the first on my list. He has been my biggest supporter since
I started playing ball and has helped me all the way through. And Jim
Sheppard, he showed confidence in me as a first year Junior which has
played a huge role in my development as a player and a person.
18. What should younger players in the game do to keep
improving to get to the next level?
Practice. Everyone says it but its true. It is the only way to improve in this
19. What are your baseball/career goals?
Baseball goals would be to help this team get to the next level and career
goals would be to finish my degree in health sciences and then go to
college for fire.
20. Detail three Career Highlights:
Pitching a shutout in the 2005 Junior Eliminations;
Being selected as an OUA All Star this past fall;
Hitting my first homerun in Bantam.
21. How do you spend your time when you are not playing
Working out, playing poker, workin' my roommate in Madden for XBOX 360
and some homework when I can find time
22. What other sports did you play growing up or that you still
I played hockey up to Midget and then I just focused on baseball after that
23. What are your pet peeves?
When people talk with a mouthful of food, when they don’t chew with their
mouths closed it makes me sick and talking to someone who is ignorant
24. Do you have any bad habits?
I'm sure a have a few but the ones that I can think of are I'm a perfectionist
and some people MIGHT say that I have a little bit of a short temper haha
25. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you
go and why?
I would love to go Hawaii and just relax and be stress free
26. Do you expect there to be a big transition from Junior baseball
to Intercounty baseball?
I think there will be some adjustment. I think the Pitching will be the biggest
adjustment in that the pitching up here will be smarter than back in Junior.
27. What is the best present you have ever received?
Probably a cheque from my grandfather to pay for University.
28. Why did you want to become a Dodger?
I wanted to be a Dodger so I could play the best baseball possible because
I still love to play the game. And be a part of this team when they make it
to the next level.