|Copyright 2006 Oshawa Dodgers
Right-handed pitcher Ben Chisholm enters his
fourth season with the Dodgers. Ben is a Senior
at McGill University in Montreal and will be a
starter this season for the Dodgers.
1. What was the first sport that you played?
Baseball (T-ball actually)
2. At what age did you start playing baseball and at what level?
My first year of baseball was when I was 10 and I played houseleague.
3. What number do you wear and is there any significance to it?
I wear 44 because it was given to me at school and it just sort of stuck.
4. Day games or Night games and why?
Day games because it's warm and I like to pitch when its hot out.
5. What is your favourite meal to prepare?
6. What is your favourite restaurant to eat at?
The Keg because the steak is delicious.
7. How do you want to be remembered when you leave the
I want to be remembered as a player that helped the Dodgers win their first
IBL title and that put the team first.
8. If you could have dinner with three people, living or deceased,
who would they be?
Ty Cobb, Gordie Howe and Albert Einstein
9. What is your dream job outside of playing baseball?
I would like to be the general manager of either a hockey or baseball team.
10. What are on the walls of your room?
Two posters and a picture of my girlfriend
11. Do you have any phobias?
None in particular
12. What is your favourite television show?
24, I'm hooked.
13. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items
would you have with you?
Food, beer and my girlfriend
14. If you could trade places with one person, who would it be and
I would trade places with John Ferguson Jr. so that I could make the Leafs
a better team.
15. If you could face any player in baseball history, who would it be
16. Why should fans come out and watch the Oshawa Dodgers?
Because this year the Dodgers have a good mix of heart and talent that
will make for some good baseball.
17. Who is your role model/mentor?
18. Who have been the most influential people in your baseball
Without question, my parents.
19. What should younger players in the game do to keep
improving to get to the next level?
To play because its fun and to realize that baseball requires mental and
20. What are your baseball/career goals?
My goal is to win the IBL
21. Detail three Career Highlights:
Winning the CIBA in 2005;
Tossing a perfect game in the provincials in midget;
and my first ever baseball championship in Peewee.
22. How do you spend your time when you are not playing
School takes a lot of my time right now but when I'm not doing that, I like to
go out with my friends or play sports.
23. What other sports did you play growing up or that you still
As a kid, I spent a lot of time playing hockey. I still play it, but it is much
less competitive as an adult.
24. Why did you want to become a Dodger?
Because I wanted to play at the highest level that I could.
25. How does the Intercounty League compare with University
Intercounty baseball is certainly a level above Canadian university
baseball but the major difference you notice as a player is the weather.
The university baseball schedule runs to the end October whereas the IBL
competes during the summer.
26. Do you have any bad habits?
27. What is the best present you have ever received?
I'm not sure, there have been some good ones….
28. What is your most memorable moment as an Oshawa Dodger
I would say it was when we came back from a 12-2 deficit to beat Brantford
13-12, even though I got injured in that game.