|Copyright 2006 Oshawa Dodgers
Mike Prosper enters his first season as Field
Manager of the Oshawa Dodgers. He brings
much experience and a team philosophy to the
club with the aim to take the Dodgers to the next
1. What was the first sport that you played?
2. At what age did you start playing baseball and at what level?
11 - Peewee
3. What number do you wear and is there any significance to it?
23 - This is the number I wore all through baseball
4. Day games or Night games and why?
Doesn't matter, I love being on the diamond.
5. What is your favourite meal to prepare?
Chicken with pasta and broccoli and mushroom soup
6. What is your favourite restaurant to eat at?
All you can eat Chinese food
7. How do you want to be remembered when you leave the
A coach who gave everything to his team and left everything on the field.
8. If you could have dinner with three people, living or deceased,
who would they be?
Denis Leary, Shania Twain, Jon Gruden
9. What is your dream job outside of coaching baseball?
Owner of the Indianapolis Colts
10. Do you have any phobias?
11. What is your favourite television show?
King of Queens
12. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items
would you have with you?
Beer, Brett and Jordan
13. If you could trade places with one person, who would it be and
Donald Trump - his wallet
14. How have you given back to minor baseball?
I think I have taught the players I've coached to have respect for the game
and your teammates
15. Why should fans come out and watch the Oshawa Dodgers?
They will see a team that will give 100% at all times and will never give up
until the final out.
16. Will you find it difficult managing a full-time job and family with
the demanding Intercounty Schedule?
No, my family knows the commitment that is involved with coaching
17. Who have been the most influential people in your baseball
18. What should younger players in the game do to keep
improving to get to the next level?
Work hard. Be themselves. Don't be someone they are not. Never give
up and HAVE FUN.
19. Detail three Career Highlights:
Signing the N.Y. MET contract;
Coaching BRETT AND JORDAN on the same team for 1 year;
Winning the Midget tournament last year in Oshawa.
20. How do you spend your time when you are not coaching
Watching sports and relaxing
21. How long have you been coaching baseball and what other
teams have you coached?
10 years in Oshawa Minor; 2 years with EOBA Elite
22. What interested you in becoming the new Field Manager for
the Oshawa Dodgers?
The challenge of coaching men and seeing if my philosophy will work at
23. Will you find it challenging to coach your son in your first
season as field manager?
Absolutely not. Brett and I are looking forward to working together this
summer. We both understand on the field I'm the Coach and he is the
24. Do you have any superstitions?
Little baseball ones.
25. What are your pet peeves?
ANY PLAYER who thinks he is bigger than the team.
26. Do you have any bad habits?
What do you think?
27. What is the best present you have ever received?
Brett and Jordan
28. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go
Hawaii. I've always wanted to go there.