|Copyright 2006 Oshawa Dodgers
Matt Tosoni has been a member of the Dodgers
since 2003. Matt attends St. John's University in
NY and will be one of the Dodgers' starting
pitchers in 2006.
1. What was the first sport that you played?
2. At what age did you start playing baseball and at what level?
T-ball when I was four in North York. I didn’t even know which way I hit, but
somehow I loved the game.
3. What number do you wear and is there any significance to it?
I wear numerous numbers but 33 stands out. I have been wearing it since I
was in Major Mosquito
4. Day games or Night games and why?
I like Night games because it makes me think I throw faster, just an illusion
but I believe it.
5. Do you have any superstitions
I only have sub-conscience superstitions. I am not big on them.
6. What is your favourite restaurant to eat at?
I like to eat at South Side Grill in Whitby and I love to go to Thornton Arms
with the Baseball boys.
7. How do you want to be remembered when you leave the
As a loyal and well liked player with a love for the game.
8. If you could have dinner with three people, living or deceased,
who would they be?
Got to go with The May boys we'll play on our PSP's, and my grandfathers
who have passed away
9. What is your dream job outside of coaching baseball?
Definitely a Golf Pro.
10. Do you have any phobias?
I am scared of birds and John Mayberry Jr. (Stanford, playing Pro Baseball
11. What is your favourite television show?
That 70's Show, Seinfeld
12. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items
would you have with you?
My Iron Pills (Can't forget those right Mah);a baseball and a catcher
13. If you could trade places with one person, who would it be and
J.J. Redick (Duke basketball player)
14. Why should fans come out and watch the Oshawa Dodgers?
Because we have a bunch of great guys who love to play baseball and that
are gonna make a run at the championships.
15. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself playing in the big leagues.
16. Do you enjoy going away to school and living in New York City,
why or why not?
Yeah I love it here. Baseball is amazing and it's so much fun you gotta
come visit you'll see.
17. Who have been the most influential people in your baseball
My family, Tom Halsey, Adam Sylvestre, Troy May and Family, Marc
Picard, Greg Hamilton and the Old School Dodgers (Sereda, Crotin,
Stoney, Calway, Reid, Balan) Gary Minacs
18. Detail three Career Highlights:
Beating Cuba in world championships;
Beating Notre Dame;
College World Series (Regionals)
19. How do you spend your time when you are not playing
Playing sports, video games and chilling with family and friends.
20. What other sports did you play growing up or are still playing?
Basketball, Volleyball, Ping Pong
21. Do you find it difficult to attend a Division I school, playing
baseball as well as concentrate on your studies?
It's tough, but we have to go to 6 hours of study hall a week which allows or
makes me get my work done. 6 hours a day on the baseball field can be
tough for sure.
22. How has what you went through last year affected your life and
do you do anything differently ?
I look at life differently. Words can't explain how much I love the people that
are close to me….I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for my family.
23. What are your pet peeves?
24. Do you have any bad habits?
Mmmmmm, I am done with bad habits, but might sneak a nose pick in there
every once and a while.
25. What is the best present you have ever received?
I would say my Nintendo!
26. What is your most memorable moment as an Oshawa Dodger to
My '05 at bat which meant the world to me.